Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 2 - Like a Rock!

Well, another week, another 3 lbs. 40 to reach my anniversary goal, 50 to reach my target goal. including this week, i have 19 weeks to get to the first milestone. That means 2.1 lbs per week. if i stay on trend, I'll have hit my target weight in 17 weeks!!!! ZERO CHEATS. 100% DEDICATION.

Feeling even better over all, very loose and fluid. Still getting to bed too late and having a hard time getting up in the morning, but I'm DOING IT!

So far, 15 days without a cheat. that includes friday night bible study, saturday night fights, disneyland on sunday, and family over for BBQ yesterday. What did I say no to? pizza, tamales, refried beans, spanish rice, donuts, chips & dips, fried chicken & fixins, philipino meat pastry, cookies, ice cream, and the rest. LIKE A ROCK! 

One of our friends asked me on friday night as everyone was eating chocolate covered croissants and cocoa "how do you do it?" The answer was pretty simple. I've made up my mind that I'm going to do this. Then she asked "are you going to stick with it after you get there or go back?" I actually had to sit there and think about it for a minute. Being the extremist that I am, I have never lived in any form of moderation. So I guess I'm either going to have to learn how to do so or be an extremist. But I will NEVER go back. I've found the tools that I've so desperately needed for so many years and I am putting them to use. 

I've experienced my seismic shift, and everyday is an aftershock.

Schedule was bonkers this weekend but i stuck to my guns. I made sure to schedule my food in decent intervals, watched my carb intake if i had to eat late for whatever reason, but mostly tried to get it all in by 8 whenever possible. I did have to resort to a couple of 'nutrition bars'  when confronted with emergencies, but i will not rely on them. Still no 'on purpose' gluten, dairy or sugar. No coffee or soda. I really don't miss it at all. 

Went out an bought a new gas grill to facilitate mass cooking of chicken etc. Found out just how much I LOVE my steamer. I'm starting to make a personal science out of it. You have to if you are going to make this thing fit your life.

After a late session of Fat Burner, i sat and previewed the other DVD's: Red Hot Core, Below the Belt and Diamond Cutter. I decided to switch it up this week and do Fat Burner on MWF and Below the Belt on TTH. let me tell you, BTB had my heart rate ZINGING!!! I was getting light headed, heart was pounding, breathing heavy, IT WAS GREAT!!! I think I'll add RHC to my evenings on the days I do FB. I'll probably flip flop the days I do FB and BTB every other week until i can work up to diamond cutter, hopefully in a month or so. 

I've determined to keep pushing myself as hard as i can. When I'm alone on the mat, the only one I'm accountable to is me. If I want results, I have to be running at top level. The one thing I am very thankful for about Body For Life is that it taught me how to push to and work through level 10 difficulties. It is a completely mental game. You can, if you desire, push yourself to unbelievable limits simply by willing yourself to do so. Your body does have its limits, and it will let you know when you reach them, but more often than not, our brains give out long before our bodies. I want my body screaming bloody murder and literally quitting on me because I will not give up!

No comments: