Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 1 - At a Glance

What a week! I must say I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I was able to stick to a pretty strict phase 2 routine all week. managed to avoid all of my vices: coffee, sugar, bread, cheese (gluten and dairy altogether except for 1 slice of bread on day 1). I feel mentally sharper and physically lighter and looser. Even my shoes feel looser. I managed to avoid catastrophe and panic when confronted with pizza and sweets. I was able to eat on plan at 3 different restaurants, and I got more done than in the whole month past.

This whole thing is a measure of mental toughness. Once you make up your mind, there is no second option. No turning back. You have to be prepared to tackle all the obstacles and food crisis in a calm and sensible manner. Yes, you can tell the restaurants how you want your food prepared. Yes, you can plan and prepare ahead to account for time crunches. Yes, you can eat sensibly on the run. Yes, you must force yourself out of bed EVERY day and exercise. Physically almost anyone can do it, but its the mental toughness that determines if they do. Mental toughness is simply saying i will do this and i wont do that and not deviating from it. I will push through this position and not drop to my knee. I will endure the discomfort of exercise and not take the easy way out. I will eat right at all costs. I will not cheat. I will create new habits. I will not revert to bad habits.

It was a great week and i feel great. I think I'll do YRG Energy for the first two days of week two then move on to Fat Burner.

Here's a great recipe I concocted. I made a ton and saved it in the refrigerator to use as needed. use your imagination and come up with similar combinations for a quick and convenient meal.

Chopped Vegetable Salad: (quantities as desired)
Jicama, carrot, celery, radish, red onion, corn, red and green bell pepper.
Dice all vegetables and place in large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar. add fresh lemon juice. sea salt and black pepper to taste. mix well and refrigerate overnight in sealed container to allow flavors to combine.

Serve over a bed of mixed greens and add black beans and chicken or salmon for a hearty meal, or add 1/2 portion protein for a quick and delicious snack.

No comments: