Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Change of Sorts... My Taste buds.

Change your habits, change your life. Its an old mantra that while true has unexpected consequences. 

I've been eating pretty much nothing but fresh vegetables, both raw and steamed, for the last few weeks. Well the other day I was in a pinch and reached in the freezer for a bag of frozen veggies from the local supermarket. They had the ol' Organic stamp on the package so i zapped them and proceeded to dig in. I couldn't believe how AWFUL they tasted! Mind you, i've been eating and loving frozen veggies for years and years, but this go around, i could taste the freeze and weak quality of the product. BLECH! If my taste has grown this sensitive without all of the poison, i wonder how my taste buds will react when i try a slice of pizza or a double-double.....

In the mean time, its mountains of fresh veggies for me from now on!

No comments: