Friday, March 26, 2021

Positively Unthinkable 2021.

 New Year's Resolution in May? Why not? It's like breakfast for dinner. And who doesn't like pancakes before bed? I pulled a pretty typical me this year. Got off to a great start and then fizzled out before I got any real traction. I'm not going to lie and say that this year has been perfect so far, but still, no excuses for petering out so quickly. I think I just tried stacking too many things and just got overwhelmed. I got all heavy into goal setting and that turned into trying to stuff all kinds of stuff into those bags to make myself feel like I was actually working towards something. I way overcomplicated the whole deal and I fell apart. I really just kind of checked out. The time off has been good in a bad way. I was all gung-ho, then I got all defeated. I left all of my materials out in plain sight but was completely lacking motivation. Then my mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. This is taking a real toll on my beloved wifey, so I'm carrying a little heavier load while I'm trying to keep my house and family running. When I'm in a good groove and I've got good rhythm, I can go, go, go. But I've pretty much turned to food as a coping mechanism, and we all know how that goes.

January 2018 I had hit my peak weight of 270 Lbs. That's up 100 Lbs. from October 2009. I got down to about 220 in 2018 and have been waffling back and forth between 220 and 235 since then. So that's where I am today. 232 Lbs., stress eating, living off of sugar, refined carbs, caffeine, adrenaline and cortisol. 

This cancer diagnosis has the family all shook. Not to be the pot calling the kettle black, but their diet is not one that lends to health and longevity. They all know that despite my corpulent exterior, I know a thing a thing or two about nutrition, health, weight loss and well being. They've seen me drop 50 on multiple occasions, but I've always picked it back up plus more. So now I'm in charge of trying to educate everyone about the importance of Keto, intermittent fasting, whole food, raw plant based, alkaline and all that other good cancer beating stuff. So i'm up until 1AM or later on a nightly trying to keep things running, rolling out of bed just in time to get the kids to school, then off to work, then back to get the kids and take them home until their mom gets off, then back to work, then home. Then my wife takes off for the gym, then its feed the kids, get baths.... you get the picture. 

This is not working.

I don't know what it is about us as people that makes us do really stupid, self destructive stuff.  I'd really like to have a better understanding. I'd really like to know why I do really stupid, self destructive stuff, But I don't have time for study and therapy and introspection. I'm to busy plotting world domination for such trifle things. I have two choices. Take the journey of discovery and take the steps to reprogram my mind and then act in accordance with my newfound self image, or just charge it like a bull and do what I know works. At this point, all I need to do is lead. I cant lead if I'm falling behind in my personal life. I have a lot riding on this trip to the rodeo. My health, my marriage, my relationship with my boys, my business, my ministry to name a few.

Time to get working.

I know that DDPY is the one thing I can do consistently and effectively. It just flat works and I feel better for it. I've tried to get the ball rolling countless times over the last 11+ years. Go back and read it for yourself. I just could never find the motivation, inspiration or whatever people need to get some momentum. 

It's strange. There are times you just know that heaven is talking to you. This is one of those times. I was sitting in my truck waiting for a curbside order to be delivered, and i'm looking at a social media site and here's the DDPY Positively Unstoppable Challenge 2021. without even investigating, I kind of rolled my eyes in my mind, like yeah, right. But i paused and opened the promo cut and the long video and I remembered the first time I saw the Arthur video, and how it made me feel back then. And what an impact that feeling had on my life when I acted on it, and I remembered how my life changed because I acted with conviction and consistency. And I remembered that that guy is still inside of me just waiting to be let out. I just kept going back to the page all afternoon and then sitting at my in-laws place, I opened the sign up page a number of times while I fought with that voice in my head telling me that I don't have time, I don't have the energy, I don't have the will power and that I could never break up with Ben and Jerry. So I signed up. 

Its amazing how many thoughts you can have in a split second. What have I done? Did I just commit to something? No, I didn't. I just filled out some form on the internet. It doesn't mean anything. Wait, I did make a commitment. A commitment to my family, my business, my ministry, and everyone who depends on me, but most importantly to the one person I've been neglecting for all these years. Me. Then I spent a couple of hours muddling over whether to keep on trying to use the DVDs and my frustratingly difficult to use DVD player, or pay for a subscription to an app that has my DVDs on it or go all in and subscribe to the full blown deal. Next thing you know I'm signing up. What have I done? I can always decline after the free trial right? NO! You're going to pay and you're going to do this. You know what that means right? Now you have to order a bluetooth heart checker thingy. Go on. Commit sucker. COMMIT!!! So I did. Then like a message from above, my buddy made some hats that said Strive 4 Glory. I bought one. That's my mantra this go around.

SO i've been spending all my free time reviewing, watching and reading all the things that helped my be successful in the past, and it's crazy how the feelings that I had back then were welling up. I started feeling like I did when I was all hardcore about this stuff. I feel like I can do this. I will do this. Ican't wait to do this. Let's do this! 


So it's Friday. Day one is on Monday. 6 months. Goal weight 155 Lbs. Stay tuned.

No comments: