Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I HATE DAY 3!!!

Yeah, I've done this enough times to know that I hate day 3. Day 1 and 2 my body is just kinda confused. It's all like "Hey, what's going here. Something aint right". But by day 3, my body is in full revolt. "WHERE IS MY COFFEE???" "GIVE ME CREAM AND SUGAR!!!" "CHEESE AND BREAD!!!" Then it decides to get back at me by giving me a headache for about 72 hours. It sucks. Really. If you've never been hooked into cigarettes or drugs or whatever, you get a small taste of what your body goes thru when you kick. Why? Because its a similar type of detox. I've got many of the symptoms. Lethargy, irritability, irregular feelings in my guts, and a constant sense of hunger, but I'm not hungry.

Usually when I get back on the wagon I engage in some good old fasting. I didn't start doing it on purpose, I just got so used to not eating breakfast that it didn't occur to me that I should eat something before I left the house. I usually go from dinner around 9 to the next day at around 1-ish. I can't tell if I'm hungry or adjusting or what so I just kind of ignore it and power through. It helps that i'm super busy in the first part of the day so I really don't wanna stop and eat anyway. I've also found that for the first week any way, the long fast helps me stay clear headed.

My wife is dying right now. Not literally, of course, but her challenge thing has her all jacked up too. She's a caffeine junkie of the highest order so she's a wreck right about now. Misery loves company, you know.

I've learned over time to just listen to my body. Exercise first thing in the morning, eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm tired. Its a pretty simple formula. So i'll just keep responding to what my body is telling me and I'll start feeling much, much better every day.  

I know its only temporary so that makes it a little easier, and there is something kind of noble about sacrificing for your cause. Maybe not, but it makes me feel better about myself as I curse my own body for doing this to me. I guess payback is just deserts. I've been terribly unkind to my body for many, many years, so if I gotta eat a little crap to achieve greatness and immortality then so be it.


No comments: